Technological Development of Optical Transport Network based on DWDM ROADMs and GMPLS-UCLP Software
The DREAMS project is a two-year R&D project (2007-2008) based on optical network architecture and network technologies focused on: DWDM optical networking, very high performance broadband backbones, metro optical networks, progammable and reconfigurable Networks, optical switching and ASON Architectures. Finally, the evaluation of the developments were made in a field trial implemented in an experimental optical network.
The specific technical objectives are:
- Design, development and production of a next generation colorless ROADM
- Development of GMPLS industrial software.
- Development of industrial management software: Netrwork Management System and Operation Support System
- Development of UCLP industrial software.
- Development and manufacture of an ASON-GMPLS experimental optical transport network based on ROADM devices.
This project was funded by the Ministerio de Industria de España